Thursday, October 15, 2015

" higher consciousness, difference between channeling and inner voice "

This is from  Wes Annac, who is a really interesting writer, and musician,  really attuned to what goes on right now on Earth.
:)


Higher Consciousness – Intuitive Reading
by Wes Annac

4 - October - 2015



Note from Wes: I used to call the source of these intuitive readings ‘The Voice Within’, but I’ve decided to change it one last time to ‘higher consciousness’.  I’ve made the proper adjustments to this introduction to reflect the name change. 

 The name changes I’ve given these messages reflect the journey of understanding who they come from, and after some meditation and contemplation, I’ve arrived at what I think is the perfect label to help everyone understand it. 

 ‘Higher consciousness’, which I’ve written a lot about, is the higher self.  It’s a good, deep meditation.  It’s the Voice Within; the inner compass; our intuitive link with God, and if we can empty the mind and open up to it, it’ll impart its bliss onto us and teach us valuable lessons about our spiritual evolution. 

 I know it’s silly to change the name of these messages over and over, but I think I’ve finally found the right description and understanding for them. This will be the final name change, and I can promise that you won’t have to worry about it anymore. 

 Thanks for hanging in there with me throughout this journey so far. I’m confident that it’s about to get a whole lot better! 

*****

I’d imagine some people, especially those who are new to spirituality, come across my ‘Higher Consciousness’ messages and wonder what exactly they’re reading. With so much spiritual material out there these days, it can be hard to discern what’s what or gain a solid understanding of some philosophies. It seems that each spiritual ‘camp’ has different perspectives on spirituality, our evolution into higher states of consciousness, and, of course, God.

 There are a lot of unique philosophies out there, and it can be confusing and disconcerting for the novice who’s just starting to become aware. Here, I’d like to explain, in as clear of a way as I can, exactly what these ‘Higher Consciousness’ messages are and how they relate to the higher self.

The hope is for this explanation to help those of you who might not understand what they are or how they differs from conventional channeled messages.

 I should start by saying that when I first became a part of the conscious community, I was heavily involved with channeling. For those of you who don’t know, channeling is the art of using meditation to connect with spiritually advanced entities in higher states of consciousness who offer advice, guidance, and descriptions related to spiritual evolution and the higher realms.

 All kinds of messages from non-physical entities are published every day, and you only need to find a website that specializes in channeled messages to locate them. While channeling has been around for thousands of years, it’s become increasingly popular in the last few decades among certain spiritual and ‘new age’ communities.

 Some people who don’t believe in channeling encourage us to use discernment with any message we read, but the purpose of this article isn’t to highlight whether or not the practice is legitimate. This article’s purpose is to introduce the ‘Higher Consciousness’ messages in a way that distinguishes them from the channelings of non-physical entities, because in my eyes, the two differ in a couple key ways. 

I used to channel all the time, and I was known for relaying messages from various higher-dimensional entities. I wanted to take a more grounded approach to spirituality somewhere along the way, however, so I stopped channeling and started writing instead.

 My newfound interest in writing, combined with an increased interest in music, led me away from channeling as I embraced what I felt was a more grounded, levelheaded approach to spirituality. I couldn’t stay away from channeling for long, and it’s because of the blissful meditative state it provides.

Even after I stopped channeling, I’d pick it back up every now and then just to see how it would go. The few times I practiced it after giving it up were mind blowing, and I was filled with an indescribable meditative bliss.

 It was one of the greatest feelings I’ve ever had, and after channeling a few times and feeling blissful every time, I decided once again that it must be for me. The words and expressions would flow every time I’d channel, and I’d sink deeper and deeper into bliss with every sentence that was delivered. Not to mention that the meditations I had once the sessions were complete were some of the deepest ones I’d ever experienced.

 I just couldn’t stay away from it. It was too blissful to give up for good, and the readers always enjoyed the messages. The only problem was that I didn’t want to return to channeling in the form I first practiced it.

By this time, I’d become interested in the idea of communicating with the ‘higher self’, which is a more evolved aspect of our consciousness who offers guidance and assistance, than communicating with specific non-physical entities.

 I searched within for a way to present these messages in a format that was slightly different from all of the channeled messages from non-physical entities. Even the idea of channeling the higher self didn’t quite work for me, because I didn’t want to make it seem like the higher self was somehow detached or distant from me.

 I also wanted (and still want) to define my communication with the higher self in my own way; use my own terms and make it something that’s more personal to me. Instead of adopting the same terms and labels the channeling community uses, I wanted to present my communication with my higher self in a unique, distinctive way.

 The hope is that I can encourage spiritual seekers who don’t believe in channeling to open up to the idea that we have an inner voice, which you might call the higher self, who we can receive messages from and use those messages to help others who are on a similar path.

 Deepak Chopra describes this inner voice, which he calls ‘cosmic intelligence’, as a force that shapes and guides the universe.

        “Cosmic intelligence is the underlying intelligence that guides, organizes and governs the         harmonious functioning of the entire universe. This cosmic intelligence exists within all creation, within every cell of our body and in every thought and emotion of our mind. We contact cosmic intelligence in meditation in the silence of our mind, the stillness of our Being.” (1)

 What Deepak describes is what I feel like I’ve connected with and relayed messages from during meditation, and the difference in terminology doesn’t deter me from considering that they could be similar.

 The difference between channeled messages and intuitive messages from the higher self, inner voice, higher consciousness, etc. is that instead of connecting with spiritually evolved entities, we connect with a higher aspect of our consciousness. This slightly different method of channeling is meant to empower the person who practices it instead of the source whose messages they relay.

 One unfortunate thing about channeled messages is that they can (but don’t always) cause spiritual seekers to give their power away to channelers or their sources instead of empowering themselves and finding wholeness within.

 I hope to eliminate this unintended consequence by presenting messages that are from my own consciousness instead of a famous angelic entity, but I’m not trying to invalidate conventional channelings from angels, archangels, etc.

 They have a place in our community like any other spiritual concept, and they can greatly help the people who resonate with them. For me personally, connecting with my higher consciousness just feels like a better way to go.

 I should also mention that a failure to empower oneself doesn’t always happen with channeled messages, but it occasionally does. For the most part, the channeling community seems more discerning and levelheaded then when I first started contributing, but with any community, there will always be a few people who fail to be sensible or grounded.

 Some people believe that being truly aligned with the ‘higher self’ or inner voice would mean that we don’t need to intuitively connect with them anymore because everything we think, say and do would be naturally aligned with them.

 While this idea resonates with me, I have deeply personal reasons for wanting to continue to relay messages from my inner voice and they all have to do with the higher state of consciousness it helps me access.

 I’ve always known there’s something deeper to the concept of channeling, and every message I relay from my higher consciousness strengthens my belief that there’s a lot we still don’t know about it.

 I’ve been torn between the desire to keep exploring it and the desire to appeal to the socially and spiritually conscious people who don’t believe in channeling, but when it comes down to it, we have to embrace the things that help us the most along our path.

 Connecting with my higher consciousness is part of my path, and there’s a lot I still don’t know about this practice that I want to find out by exploring it further.  One thing I can say about it is that, for me at least, you hear from me and my higher consciousness when you read a message.

 I don’t claim to be off in some distant meditative realm when I bring them through (even though the meditations can get pretty potent), and I’ve published messages that I could tell came from me and my higher consciousness as opposed to the higher consciousness alone. This’ll probably change as I develop and strengthen the connection more, but this is how it is for now and I’m okay with it.

 I bring through these messages in hopes that they help everyone who’s interested in spirituality – those who read conventional channelings, those who don’t, those who are just discovering their spirituality, and anyone else who finds their way to the messages.

Love and spirituality are meant to unite the people who believe in them instead of dividing them into different camps with different opinions and philosophies, and I hope for these messages to unite the spiritual community and help us all see that there’s a middle ground.

 We can invest ourselves solely in one or two philosophies if we want, but it isn’t a requirement. In my eyes, the best way to contribute to the unity of the spiritual community is to offer something for everyone, and that’s what I hope to achieve with these messages and with my blog, The Culture of Awareness. 

 There’ll inevitably be a few people (even spiritual seekers) who choose not to believe, but that’s okay as long as the messages bring people together. The purpose of our spiritual evolution is to come together and share our gifts with each other, and just like writing and music, intuitive communication is a gift that chose me.

 These are the gifts I choose to share with all of you, and as long as they benefit you in some way, I’ve done my job.

Wes Annac


Source : http://cultureofawareness.com/higher-consciousness-intuitive-readings/


 Footnotes:

1.     Deepak Chopra Q&A: ‘Defining Terms’ at: https://www.deepakchopra.com/blog/view/1932/defining_terms

Share freely.

 I’m a twenty-two year old writer and blogger, and I created The Culture of Awareness daily news site.

 The Culture of Awareness features daily spiritual and alternative news, articles I’ve written, and more. Its purpose is to awaken and uplift by providing material about the fall of the planetary elite and a new paradigm of unity and spirituality.

 I’ve contributed to numerous spiritual websites including The Master Shift, Waking Times, Golden Age of Gaia, Wake Up World and Expanded Consciousness. I can also be found on Facebook (Wes Annac and The Culture of Awareness) and Twitter, and I write a paid weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to for $11.11 a month here.